[LLVMdev] Looking for potential users of Linux (or other OS) on LLVM

Vikram Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Jul 17 10:09:26 PDT 2006

As mentioned on this list before, we have been working on putting a
complete OS kernel on top of LLVM, and enforcing memory safety for
the kernel.  We have successfully ported a large part of the Linux
kernel and can run significant applications on this system.  I am
planning to write a proposal to NSF to continue the development of
this system and distribute it as an open-source infrastructure.  NSF
recommends getting letters of support from potential users.

If any of you have a specific interest in such a system (Linux or
some other OS on LLVM) and are willing to write a short letter of
support indicating your interest, I would greatly appreciate it.
Please send me e-mail to let me know.  Thanks!

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/