[LLVMdev] Hello World crashes!

Misha Brukman brukman at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri Jul 14 21:50:38 PDT 2006

On Fri, Jul 14, 2006 at 02:29:09PM -0700, S. Bharadwaj Yadavalli wrote:
> Sorry for the newbie question. I downloaded llvm and tried out the
> simple "Hello, World" program but got the following error. What am I
> missing? I am running RHAS 3 Update 4 with GCC 3.2.3.

Is it possible there's a bug in GCC 3.2.3 which causes a miscompilation
and hence this crash?  As a related data point, GCC 3.2.2 is known not
to compile LLVM; see http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#brokengcc

Does your build pass the regression tests and unit tests?

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net