[LLVMdev] Thanks for llvm!

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:16:37 PDT 2006

Hi,

I know this is a strange mail and also off topic but since there is no
user-list I'll simply post my stuff here ;)

I wanted to say a big thank-you for developing llvm, I've always been
fascinated by agressive optimizing frameworks like JVMs and other
virtual machines and was a bit sad that the gnu-world relies(d) on
techniques which have more or less reached their possibilities.
Although I would call myself an end-user developer, its great to see
people working on such cool stuff :-)

lg Clemens

PS: One things about which I was not able to find information is
wether llvm is also able to do optimistic compilation/decompilation
and wether its able to optimize virtual method calls.