[LLVMdev] Critical edges

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jul 3 21:07:10 PDT 2006

Dear guys,

    I've adapted the pass in BreakCriticalEdges.cpp so I can use it
before register allocation. But the pass is not changing the control
flow graph of the machine function. I think it is because I am inserting
the pass after the control flow graph of the machine function is built.
I am inserting the pass as required by the register allocator, and I
can see that the pass is splitting critical edges. Question is: where
do I insert this pass so its modifications reflects in the control
flow graph of the machine function? The code of the pass is the code
of BreakCriticalEdges.cpp, and it is a runOnFunction pass, not a
runOnMachineFunction.

Thank you very much,

Fernando