[LLVMdev] Critical edges

Fernando Magno Quintao Pereira fernando at CS.UCLA.EDU
Mon Jul 3 12:38:44 PDT 2006

Dear guys,

    when the phi-elimination pass is called (after local
register allocation, for example), it seems to me that the control flow
graph may have critical edges. Is it true?

If it is true, I would like to know more about the
algorithm that you guys use to destroy phi-functions. Is there any
reference? Why did not implement a machine function pass to
remove critical edges? I mean, I would like to implement something
like this. Is there any problem that would make it hard?

Thank you very much,

Fernando