[LLVMdev] VS2005 patch

Morten Ofstad morten at hue.no
Fri Jan 27 01:39:12 PST 2006

Jeff Cohen wrote:
> The project files need frequent updating.  I cannot maintain VS2005
> project files, so while they could be distributed with LLVM, they will
> become broken fast.  Also, VS2003 and VS2005 project and solution files
> cannot coexist in the same directories, further complicating matters.

The VS2003 project files convert without problems -- you might want to add in a property sheet (using the new property
manager) that defines _CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE, though. Actually the VS2005 project files are XML and not that different
from the VS2003 files, so just using CVS you will pick up any changes to the VS2003 files. In conclusion there is no
need for separate VS2005 project files.

m.