[LLVMdev] Dwarf Support - Early Bird Edition

Jim Laskey jlaskey at apple.com
Tue Jan 24 10:27:37 PST 2006

Chris asked me to write up "LLVM Developer's Guide to Dwarf Support"
for LLVM maintainers.  We are still in early stages, but we thought
we'd get it out there for the "need to bleeders."  At some point this
information will be formalized and added to the LLVM documentation.

The enclosed document gives specific instructions for adding source
line number support to a target.  This support is reasonably stable.
The AsmPrinter/DwarfWriter infrastructure is pretty close to it's
final form, so as new features are added, you should get them for
free (we hope.)

For the adventurous, a very rough form of global variable support is
present.  This is not in it's final form.  Just  a proof of concept.

If you have any questions, post them back to this mailing list.  Not
that I don't like direct mail, but chances are that your issues are
also someone else's.