[LLVMdev] X86-64 target

Morten Ofstad morten at hue.no
Thu Jan 19 02:35:10 PST 2006

Hello, I'm currently porting our software to the x86-64 (windows) platform. Since we're using LLVM for dynamic code
generation it's not just a matter of fixing the compilation problems but also re-targeting the x86 backend to use 64 bit
pointers everywhere. I'm not familiar with the x86-64 instruction set, so I really have no idea how much work this will
be. My question is really if anyone is already working on this, perhaps on a 64-bit Linux? I've already done most of the
work involved in getting LLVM itself to run on 64-bit windows, but of course that doesn't help much as long as the
emitted code is 32-bit...