[LLVMdev] Dynamically loaded passes under OS X

Robert L. Bocchino Jr. bocchino at uiuc.edu
Fri Jan 6 12:25:30 PST 2006

Hi,

In the past, I haven't been able to get dynamically loaded passes to
work under OS X.  When I follow the instructions in the LLVM
documentation, everything works fine for Linux, but OS X has a
different way of handling dynamic loading, and the files that the
dynamic loader is trained to look for don't exist.  In the past, I've
worked around this by just linking all my passes into opt, but this
isn't going to work for me anymore.

So how do I get dynamically loaded passes to work on the Mac?  Chris,
you probably know the answer to this since you're a Mac user now.

Rob

Robert L. Bocchino Jr.
Ph.D. Student