[LLVMdev] #include <iostream>

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 11:48:49 PST 2006

On Dec 11, 2006, at 11:18 AM, John Criswell wrote:

> Bill Wendling wrote:
>
> It seems that when compiling Debug versions of LLVM, we use stream
> manipulators (like std::hex) on the new LLVM streams, and doing so
> causes a compiler error when compiling LLVM with GCC 3.4.0.
>
> I commited a fix to work around the problem, but it seems to me it
> would
> be better if LLVM streams could support common stream manipulators.
>
> First, has anyone else experienced the compiler error I ran into?  And
> second, is there any easy way to get LLVM streams to work with
> standard
> stream manipulators?

Hi John,

I had a similar problem with things like "std::flush" and
"std::endl". I believe I can fix the problem easily. Could you file a
bug and assign it to me? I'll work on it. I think I can get it fixed
without too much trouble. (Hopefully not famous last words.) Could
you place in the bug report the name of the source file you put the
fix in?

Thanks!

-bw