[LLVMdev] Removing DSA from LLVM

Vikram Sadanand Adve vadve at uiuc.edu
Fri Dec 8 23:23:35 PST 2006

As Chris said, this is primarily to avoid infringing published Microsoft patents (Steensgard's patents on pointer analysis using unification and union-find data structures).  DSA is a research product but it is intended to be a more powerful alias, mod-ref, and call graph analysis than the default ones in LLVM.  If you are interested, it should not be difficult to use DSA from the llvm-poolalloc project.

--Vikram