[LLVMdev] bytecode didn't read correctly under cygwin

Reid Spencer rspencer at reidspencer.com
Sun Aug 20 10:16:26 PDT 2006

Tony,

By default, llvm-gcc4 does not produce bytecode, it produces a native
object file, just like GCC does. So, if you try to pass it to llc, it is
obviously going to report problems with the bytecode. Either skip the
llc step or use the -emit-llvm option:

llvm-gcc -c -emit-llvm -o compiled.o ackermann.c
llc compiled.o -o compiled.s

Reid.