[LLVMdev] Building llvm 1.8a on apple x86

Ryan Cleven rcleven at mac.com
Wed Aug 16 00:24:17 PDT 2006

I'm really sorry for the wide e-mail, but I've exhausted the normal
channels.

I get:

llvm[2]: Linking Release executable tblgen (without symbols)
llvm[2]: ======= Finished Linking Release Executable tblgen (without
symbols)
llvm[2]: Compiling fpcmp.cpp for Release build
llvm[2]: Linking Release executable fpcmp (without symbols)
llvm[2]: ======= Finished Linking Release Executable fpcmp (without
symbols)
llvm[2]: Compiling PerfectShuffle.cpp for Release build
llvm[2]: Linking Release executable llvm-PerfectShuffle (without
symbols)
llvm[2]: ======= Finished Linking Release Executable llvm-
PerfectShuffle (without symbols)
llvm[1]: Building Intrinsics.gen.tmp from Intrinsics.td
make[1]: *** [/Users/rcleven/Desktop/llvm/build/lib/VMCore/Release/
Intrinsics.gen.tmp] Segmentation fault

when building llvm on x86.

Am I doing something wrong?  I've got the 1.8a package and 1.8 front
end.

I've looked through every document i could find, every FAQ and I've
reviewed the mailing list for a few weeks and can't find any

Thanks in advance,
Ryan.