[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc4 on Debian

Scott Michel scottm at rushg.aero.org
Tue Aug 15 09:41:35 PDT 2006

Ryan Brown wrote:
> I don't think llvm-gcc4 uses gccas or gccld, but it can emit bytecode
> if you give it the --emit-llvm option:
> llvm-gcc --emit-llvm -c -o foo.bc foo.c

That's a bit asymmetric with the previous gcc3 version, isn't it? That
would mean that the "An Example Using the LLVM Tool Chain" section needs
to be updated for the gcc4 frontend.

OTOH, I could attempt to hack on the gcc4 frontend to use gccas and
gccld (not so hard). I have a patch that I'm testing that fixes llvmc,
which is out of sync with the "c" configuration file.