[LLVMdev] Demo Script Paths

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Thu Aug 10 10:08:20 PDT 2006

> It's already messed with, but there's no harm. If someone turns on the
> llvm2cpp option, then they get an error message at the bottom of the
> output page. All other output is normal. So, there's no harm in it.
> If/when llvm2cpp becomes available on Zion, people then the llvm2cpp
> output will appear.  Note that llvm2cpp is a 1.8 release feature. My
> change was to help people learning LLVM understand how to construct the
> IR in C++. The demo facility is a good tool for that and allows me to
> direct people there so they can see how it works.

llvm2cpp may be a 1.8 release feature, but this is something that should
have been added to the demo script before the release. I don't like the
idea of jepordizing the stability of the script during this critical
time. Critical meaning.. people will be trying out llvm and if the demo
script fails for them.. they may likely give up and not bother with LLVM.

I don't disagree with the change. I just think the timing could be better.

-Tanya