[LLVMdev] Tablegen problem in LLVM 1.8

Bram Adams bram.adams at ugent.be
Wed Aug 9 03:17:47 PDT 2006

Hi,

Today I downloaded LLVM 1.8 (until yesterday I used 1.7) and I tried to
build it (Slackware 10.2 with default GCC 3.3.6). However, the build
process fails each time it reaches lib/Target/XXX/XXXISelDAGToDAG.cpp
for all backends (XXX=X86, ARM, ...), e.g. like:

/.../llvm-build/lib/Target/ARM/ARMGenDAGISel.inc:145: error: syntax
   error before `{' token
... [lots of other errors generated by the previous one]

/.../llvm-build/lib/Target/ARM/ARMGenDAGISel.inc:191: error: syntax
   error before `{' token
... [lots of other errors generated by the previous one]

 The NOINLINE-macro after each method's argument list and right before
the "{" in the various lib/Target/XXX/XXXGenDAGISel.inc-files seems to
be the culprit, e.g. in llvm-build/lib/Target/ARM/ARMGenDAGISel.inc
(line 145):

void Emit_0(SDOperand &Result, SDOperand &N, unsigned Opc0, SDOperand
&Chain, SDOperand &N1, bool HasInFlag) NOINLINE {

If I remove all NOINLINE appearances, everything compiles although I get
47 unexpected failures upon lib/test-ing (test results in attachment). I
didn't have these compilation problems with 1.7, although I remember
LLVM had unexpected failures back then too.

Did anyone experience similar problems?

Kind regards,

Bram Adams
GH-SEL, INTEC, Ghent University (Belgium)