[LLVMdev] printf decleration

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 30 23:04:35 PDT 2006

Ok, I think I figured it out.  I talked to someone, and we figured out
that when I make a call to printf with a constant string, I need to make
a global variable and use getElementPtr to reference it.  The modified
call for accessing the printf is:

   /* m is Module*, f is Function*, i is Instruction* */
   Constant* constStr = ConstantArray::get("test\n");
   GlobalVariable* gv = new GlobalVariable
     (constStr->getType(), true, GlobalValue::InternalLinkage, constStr,
      "", m);
   std::vector<Constant*> geplist;
   geplist.push_back(ConstantUInt::get(Type::UIntTy,0));
   geplist.push_back(ConstantUInt::get(Type::UIntTy,0));
   Constant* gep = ConstantExpr::getGetElementPtr(gv,geplist);

   std::vector<Value*> args;
   args.push_back(gep);

   new CallInst(f, args, "", i);

--