[LLVMdev] successfully bootstraped on a i686-linux-gnu

xia_nai@yahoo.com.cn xianai at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 20:20:34 PDT 2006

Hi,

I recently bootstrapped gcc4 frontend on a i686-linux-gnu too.
As I notice, if the llvm "tools-only " was build with srcdir != objdir ,
the building of llvm-gcc4-1.7.source encountered mistakes of unable to find some header files.
So I just edited llvm-gcc4-1.7.source/gcc/Makefile.in and a line like this:

INCLUDES += -I$(LLVMOBJDIR)/include

With this change, the building errors were gone.
Is this the right hack? Thanks.

Nai