[LLVMdev] Re: Newbie questions

Vikram Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 26 21:10:49 PDT 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 11:02 PM, Chris Lattner wrote:
>> By reordering two instructions that could throw exceptions.
>
> One of us is confused.  The approach above never has instructions
> that throw exceptions.

I think we're talking about different cases.  What you say is true
about Tom's first approach (explicit comparisons  before each
potentially trapping instruction).  I was talking about the second
approach (taking a signal and converting that to an exception).  That
could be broken by reordering two such instructions.

--Vikram
http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/~vadve
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/