[LLVMdev] Re: Re: building an ARM backend

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Apr 25 23:56:47 PDT 2006

Rafael Esp?ndola wrote:

>> Funny, I've just got one student for exactly same task -- writing ARM
>> backend. Of course, the student might well disappear by the time new term
>> begins and might not produce anything usable for a year ;-)

> I am currently reading and hacking the code. I would be very glad to
> work with your student if that is not a problem.

I think that will be great. But as I said, it's a bit dicey at the moment
how this will work out with the student, so I suggest that if you will
convince your bosses to allow working on ARM backend, you just keep us
updated on the progress. If things work out good on my end, I'll ask you
what part of work you can "outsource" ;-)

Hmm, it's looks like LLVM will have backends for all relevant processors in
near future, except maybe MIPS. Anybody wants to sponsor MIPS backend? ;-)

- Volodya