[LLVMdev] Summer of Code

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Apr 25 22:49:24 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 06:57 +0200, andreas burman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm planning to apply for SoC and I would like some hints on which
> projects the community are most interested in.
>
> The two projects that I right now think looks most interesting is:
>
> * Writing an backend for MIPS

If you're thinking of doing a backend, the LLVM project would probably
benefit more from implementing the virtual backend and its
Interpreter/JIT. This is a long standing project that could dramatically
increase the performance of the ExecutionEngine. The idea is to write a
backend for a virtual machine that closely matches the semantics of LLVM
and then implement the virtual machine.

But, MIPS sounds cool too :)

Reid