[LLVMdev] Python bindings

Jarno Seppänen js.nospam at wolke7.net
Thu Apr 20 11:55:53 PDT 2006

Hi,
here's a brief update of the status of the python bindings.  Recently
I've updated them with the API changes in LLVM 1.6 and split the
submodules (VMCore, ExecutionEngine, etc.) into separate builds,
making the dynamic libraries smaller.

I agree that the bindings should be in a CVS somewhere, and last year
there was some discussion of putting them in the llvm tree.  The
python bindings are otherwise ready for the "projects" folder, and I
decided to change the license and assign copyright to UIUC for this to
happen, but there are persistent (linkage related?) crashes I haven't
had the time to solve so far.  Also, I have quite little time for
this, so things have not exactly been flying forward :)

So, here attached is the latest package I sent to Eric last month.

Cheers,
Jarno