[LLVMdev] glibc to LLVM port

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Wed Apr 19 09:55:09 PDT 2006

>  on the webpages of your project i have found, that you are
> trying to port glibc to LLVM (sounds interesting). I am student of Faculty
> of Informatics in Brno, and currently i am trying to search a theme for my
> diploma thesis. Do you think that this one could have the scope to
> cover (serve) as the diploma work.

While porting glibc would be interesting and of interest to LLVM, its up
to your advisor/thesis committee to determine if its enough for a diploma.
Typically universities want something that is "researchy" (new or novel)
as a basis for your thesis. It varies a lot though... so I would approach
them with your idea and see what they say.

LLVM would really benefit from this work or any of the other projects
listed on our website. So there should be some project that makes your
advisor/university happy and will allow you to work with LLVM.

-Tanya Lattner