[LLVMdev] writing transforms newbie question

Ryan M. Lefever lefever at crhc.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 13 22:21:19 PDT 2006

Hi,

I apologize if this is a duplicate question; I didn't see it previously
on the list.  I'm using llvm 1.6 and my setup is as follows.  LLVM is
installed at /usr/software/llvm and the cfrontend is installed at
/usr/software/cfrontend.

If I cd to /usr/software/llvm/lib/Transforms/Hello and compile the Hello
transform I have no problems.  However, if I copy the Hello directory to
my home directory and change the makefile so the LEVEL points to
/usr/software/llvm I get the following error message:

Makefile:15: /Makefile.common: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/Makefile.common'.  Stop.

The same thing happens if I try to set LEVEL to something like
../../../usr/software/llvm.

Do I need my transform in the LLVM lib/Transforms directory to build it?
  Are there other variables I need to set in the makefile?

Regards,
Ryan