[LLVMdev] Using "packed" to return lots of values

Nikhil Patil patil.nikhil at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 07:47:05 PDT 2006

Hi,

The LLVM manual mentions that it is not possible to return multiple
values in LLVM.  I really need to get around this.  I am trying to
compile for a (weird, proof-of-concept) language with infinite registers
and no memory, where I need to pass several (easily hundreds) of
registers to a function, and also return several (hundreds) of registers
back.

Would using packed values be the right thing to do?  Even if I am able
to pass only operands of a single type say (an int or a bool), that
would be sufficient.

Thanks!!
Nikhil

--
One short sleep past, we wake eternally...