[LLVMdev] 1.5 llc hangs w/ GCC 4.0.1?

Andreas Fredriksson deplinenoise at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 23:22:34 PDT 2005

Hey guys,
I just moved to the 1.5 release yesterday. I compiled the Debug
version cleanly from sources (I'm not using the gcc frontend) using
GCC 4.0.1 (on Fedora Core x86), and I noticed that llc hung in an STL
iterator loop given trivial bytecode input (essentially a single
function to add a couple of integers). The bytecode compiled fine from
llvm assembly via llvm-as.

The hang was in one of the STL destroy() loops; basically _first was
ok (originated inside the bowels of a SetVector (Value*)), but _last
was an at best undefined pointer (something like 0x013), so the loop
would just chug along forever, and crash at some point I presume
because it doesn't sound healthy to walk through the entire free
store.

Has anyone seen this or should I try to find the cause?

Best regards,
Andreas

--
And I hate redundancy, and having different functions for the same thing.
        - Linus Torvalds on linux-kernel