[LLVMdev] Doubt

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Sep 4 19:29:40 PDT 2005

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005, Tanu Sharma wrote:

> I have a doubt.
>
> This is an excerpt of the raw report I get after running Spec benchmarks
> through llvm-test.I am trying to calculate the program execution
> time.Does the output result in bold corresponds to "lli time" in
> Makefile.spec ? I am not interested in llc, jit or cbe.I simply need the
> normal bytecode and native code execution times after running my pass
> over them.I have modified the Makefile for the same.

Which test are you using?  I can't see bold (text only mailer), but the
JIT time is the 'lli time'.  If you don't care about LLC or CBE, you can
pass "DISABLE_LLC=1 DISABLE_CBE=1" on the command line to disable them.

You should also be able to use reports to pull these raw files together
into a table, as such, something like this might work for you:

  make TEST=nightly report DISABLE_LLC=1 DISABLE_CBE=1

You can also use the 'report.csv', 'report.html', or 'report.tex' targets
if you're interested in importing the table into other tools.

-Chris

> TEST-PASS: compile /External/SPEC/CFP2000/177.mesa/177.mesa
>
> TEST-RESULT-compile: Total Execution Time: 45.1751 seconds (45.1877 wall clock)
>
> TEST-RESULT-compile: 541814 Output/177.mesa.llvm.bc
>

> TEST-RESULT-nat-time: program 2.870000
>
> TEST-PASS: llc /External/SPEC/CFP2000/177.mesa/177.mesa
>
> TEST-RESULT-llc: Total Execution Time: 12.9200 seconds (12.9080 wall clock)
>
> TEST-RESULT-llc-time: program 5.040000

> http://mail.yahoo.com

-Chris

--