[LLVMdev] Release Branch for llvm-gcc

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu Oct 20 16:10:12 PDT 2005

> I would like to create the release branch for the llvm-gcc source code
> tomorrow morning.  I imagine this will be okay as llvm-gcc seems pretty
> healthy and no one is currently doing any development on it.
>
> If there's something that needs to be fixed, or you're working on
> llvm-gcc, please email the list so that I can delay creating the branch as
> appropriate.
>
> I won't be creating the LLVM release branch until the current work on LLVM
> is finished, which I believe is planned to be about a week or two from
> now.

I thought I should warn you the Cygwin Release (ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1) build
fails due to 'ld/collect2' assertion failure.

This is really a Cygwin problem that I thought would be fixed with time by
now but is still present with GCC 3.4.4 and binutils 2.16.91.

If there is no one else looking into fixing this then I will take a crack at
updating Cygwin to later GCC and binutils versions.

Aaron

Aaron

Aaron