[LLVMdev] Next LLVM release thoughts?

Eric van Riet Paap eric at vanrietpaap.nl
Tue Oct 11 00:17:46 PDT 2005

Hi,

We definately need regular releases because that is what distribution package
managers focus on. We need to be able to say "use LLVM 1.6 or later".  Some
linux distros as well as Fink (OSX) currently 'have LLVM 1.5 and I assume
they will upgrade when a new release is available.

Plus I think it is a good for any development team to have these regular
deadlines. From my own projects I know there are a million things that are
not as much fun as hacking on new stuff and therefor only get done when
releases are eminent. Most of the time my mind forces these things to the
background until they can no longer be ignored.

regards,
Eric