[LLVMdev] llvm-ranlib: Bus Error in regressions + fix

Evan Jones ejones at uwaterloo.ca
Thu Nov 24 04:40:02 PST 2005

On Nov 23, 2005, at 22:49, Jeff Cohen wrote:
> News to me.  I do it all the time.  Notice the "win32" directory under
> the root :)

Okay, so I spoke about something that I don't really know about, since
I don't use Windows. But what was the whole "Still can't compile
backend of frontend on Windows" discussion about? My impression is that
LLVM only builds under Cygwin. This doesn't really count (IMO) since it
makes Windows look like Unix anyway, from an API perspective.

In fact, with regards to the specific "cannot unlink while open" issue,
Cygwin works around it (partially) by removing the file as soon as the
file is closed. I'm not sure that would be sufficient in this case, but
it might be.

Evan Jones

--
Evan Jones