[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.6 Release Branch

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 7 15:08:24 PST 2005

Tanya Lattner wrote:

>>> Everything builds fine on sparc. The configure script needs to be
>>> fixed though (see previous email).
>>

>> I'm not getting the error with the configure script (on Kain, anyway).
>> I've tried it with --with-f2c and with f96 (NAG Fortran compiler) in
>> and out of my $PATH.
>

> I get the error with and without the --with-f2c option. I never used the
> NAG Fotran option. It works fine if I specifically use bash.

Can you do a "cvs status configure" on your llvm-test configure script
and make sure the sticky tag is release_16?

Also, does the configure process halt?  Or does it just give an error
and keep going?

>> Can you verify that the configure script works for you without the
>> --with-f2c option?  If it does, I think we'll just file a bug report
>> and fix it in 1.7.
>

> It should have a bug filed. I can do that later or if you want to do it
> now.. thats fine.
>
>> As for the regressions below, it would be nice to get them fixed
>> before the release, but I'm not sure if anybody has time to look into
>> it.  If nobody has time, we'll probably ship it as is.
>

> Sorry, I don't have time to do this unless time == a month or more.
>
>> I've tried out a few programs: hexxagon is an XFAIL (Solaris doesn't
>> have stdint.h), and make_dparser is genuinely broken (even with
>> Chris's llvm-gcc fix).  Some of the Prolangs-C tests are working now,
>> probably due to Chris's fix, so Sparc is probaby in better shape than
>> it looks.
>

> I am pretty sure hexxagon worked at one point.. but it doesnt matter.
>
>> If you want to try out the new CFE, just re-download it using the same
>> directions I gave before.  The new one is built and ready to go.
>

> Unless someone is going to actively fix these.. then I will, but I dont
> think anyone has spare cycles. It will take me another day to get the
> results if you want them.

No, no more testing is needed at this point.  I think we just need to
nail down whether the configure bug is going to be a problem if somebody
uses 1.6 on Sparc.

-- John T.

--
John T. Criswell