[LLVMdev] LLVM 1.6 Release Branch

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Nov 7 13:29:39 PST 2005

Tanya Lattner wrote:

> Everything builds fine on sparc. The configure script needs to be fixed
> though (see previous email).

I'm not getting the error with the configure script (on Kain, anyway).
I've tried it with --with-f2c and with f96 (NAG Fortran compiler) in and
out of my $PATH.

Can you verify that the configure script works for you without the
--with-f2c option?  If it does, I think we'll just file a bug report and
fix it in 1.7.

As for the regressions below, it would be nice to get them fixed before
the release, but I'm not sure if anybody has time to look into it.  If
nobody has time, we'll probably ship it as is.

I've tried out a few programs: hexxagon is an XFAIL (Solaris doesn't
have stdint.h), and make_dparser is genuinely broken (even with Chris's
llvm-gcc fix).  Some of the Prolangs-C tests are working now, probably
due to Chris's fix, so Sparc is probaby in better shape than it looks.

If you want to try out the new CFE, just re-download it using the same
directions I gave before.  The new one is built and ready to go.

-- John T.