[LLVMdev] A. Pool Allocation under PowerPC (Mac)

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Fri May 27 14:12:42 PDT 2005

Ricardo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is PA working on the macintosh already?

Although we may not have run it on MacOS X recently, I believe that it
should work.  We've run it on several architectures and operating
systems, including SparcV9/Solaris.

If you find that PA doesn't compile or work on MacOS X, please file a
bug report (http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/bugs/) so that we can fix it.

> I am asking because I found this in the source code:
>
> /// Wants8ByteAlignment - FIXME: this is a complete hack for X86 right now.

I'm not sure what this means, but I don't believe that it means that it
only works on x86.  It might just fiddle with alignments to get better
performance out of the x86.