[LLVMdev] llc -march=ia64 support

Eric van Riet Paap eric at vanrietpaap.nl
Wed May 25 03:08:19 PDT 2005

You are right, the machine I am on is a AMD Opteron. I could probably
generate working code for x86, but I am testing the implications of
using 64 bits integers. The four weeks is not really important, it's
just that it would be nice to have really fast code to showcase.

Something related to this: to test the effect of 64 bits integers I
replace all reference of int by long in my .ll file.
The work just fine except for some instruction (like malloc) that demand
an uint and not an ulong.

With the shift from the 32 to the 64 bit world, is this something that
will be enhanced in the future, or would that have to much impact on the
existing llvm codebase?

best regards
Eric