[LLVMdev] LLVM Cygwin Run Errors

thean kiat sew kiatsew at gmail.com
Tue May 24 19:21:56 PDT 2005

Hi,

I installed the cfrontend 1.5 and LLVM 1.5 from source in cygwin
successfully using GCC3.4.3 and binutils2.15 (as in makefiles do not
complain errors except some warnings).

However when I do this, there are some errors like,

u0201201 at 9nnvf2ay /home/cfrontend/install/lib
$ llvm-ranlib libiberty.a
llvm-ranlib: Error opening archive file: libiberty.a

This happens to llvm-ranlib libiberty.a, llvm-ranlib libstdc++.a,
llvm-ranlib libsupc++.a too. May I know what is the cause and how to
solve it? (I saw a post similar to this, but there is no solution
provided.)

Another problem is when I run hello.c which is
   #include <stdio.h>
   int main() {
     printf("hello world\n");
     return 0;
   }

I got this,
u0201201 at 9nnvf2ay /home
$ llvm-gcc hello.c -o hello
gccld: warning: Cannot find library 'user32'
gccld: warning: Cannot find library 'kernel32'
gccld: warning: Cannot find library 'advapi32'
gccld: warning: Cannot find library 'shell32'

The lli tool doesn't work as well.

However, llvm-dis,llc,gcc hello.s -o hello.native,./hello.native work.
(I have not try with the other tools yet)

Your help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Kiat