[LLVMdev] a question about LLCO

hua lei hlnust at gmail.com
Sat May 21 22:49:19 PDT 2005

Hi everybody,

  Recently, I found the Lifelong Code Optimization project on the
website. And I have a question here, would you please explain it for
me?

  In the home page of the project, it is said that the Goal of the
project is to enable mordern programs to be optimized at link time
with all static binary code. Here I wonder, why the library code must
be static, i.e. why a dynamically linked program is not considered?
Since most of our daily used programs are dynamically linked.

  Thanks a lot.

Best wishes
terry