[LLVMdev] [Cygwin] llvm 'make install' build errors

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu May 19 15:06:10 PDT 2005

>Aaron, its trivial. Open up tools/llvm-ar/Makefile in an editor. Go to
>the TOOLNAME line, delete the space at the end of the line, save the
>file, rebuild.

okay, done that, just got to rebuild .... 2 hours later ... :)

>The patches are committing right now, albeit slowly.

Okay I will check the CVS build tomorrow.

>> Okay, I'm working from the 1.5 release at the moment. I will move to
>> checking the CVS Cygwin build once the groff error is solved. I believe I
>> found another error in the post 1.5 "fork" CVS before the 1.5 release :(
>
> Not sure what you mean by that.

The CVS post the 1.5 freeze has a possible cygwin build error I bumped in
to.

>> Thanks for solving that. I do not mind doing the Cygwin builds, although
>> wish I had updated the RAM on this machine to 1GByte as the whole build
>> process takes over three hours. It would be good to workout how to do
>> non-debug builds as that would speed up the linking, which is
>> particularly
>> slow.
>
>Yeah, cygwin's a bit of a pig.

Yep.

I should have my Linux laptop working but it is stuck with Fedora Core 1 386
build and is too damb slow with too little RAM (256MB), plus I have
forgotten the password !!! Have to get Core 3 and some hand me down RAM from
this machine when I update it.

>To do a release build, just do:
>   make ENABLE_RELEASE=1
>that's all there is to it.

Okay.

>You might want to take a gander at
>http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/MakefileGuide.html

okay

>> I don't want to be a slave driver but any thoughts on the groff error
>> ???:)
>Nope, because I haven't seen it on the list. Can you repost?

I'll do it in a separate post ...

Aaron