[LLVMdev] [Cygwin] llvm 'make install' build errors

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu May 19 14:34:28 PDT 2005

>Actually, I just found out why. Remove the space from the end of the
>TOOLNAME line in llvm-ar and llvm-ranlib Makefiles. This is what's
>causing it, there's a space between "llvm-ar" and ".exe"

Ahh, great, thanks alot.

I do not really feel upto looking into makefiles yet as I don't really know
automake, configure scripts, etc, etc

>I'll patch the makefiles when UIUC's CVS server isn't so sluggish.

Okay, I'm working from the 1.5 release at the moment. I will move to
checking the CVS Cygwin build once the groff error is solved. I believe I
found another error in the post 1.5 "fork" CVS before the 1.5 release :(

Thanks for solving that. I do not mind doing the Cygwin builds, although I
wish I had updated the RAM on this machine to 1GByte as the whole build
process takes over three hours. It would be good to workout how to do
non-debug builds as that would speed up the linking, which is particularly
slow.

I don't want to be a slave driver but any thoughts on the groff error ???:)

Aaron