[LLVMdev] Cygwin Compile Fails for me too.

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu May 19 07:16:21 PDT 2005

> It seems awfully tricky to get llvm working on a windows machine.
> I just want to use the tools,  since I want to write my own front end.
>
> I tried running ranlib on libstdc++.a to no avail.  Perhaps I'm using the
> wrong tools in my Cygwin setup?
> I've got gcc 3.4.1.  Any help would be appreciated.  Should I try the
> Mingw compiler?

Okay, the new release has (nearly) fixed things now.

Try the new 1.5 releases of llvm and cfrontend if you have not allready.

Do follow these instructions :-

        http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html

I _would_ suggest updating your GCC to 3.4.3 as the document recommends.
You must use binutils version 2.15

There still seems to be a problem later on with step 9 and 'make check'
failing though.

If you need any more help, do ask.

Aaron