[LLVMdev] Thread support: desirable or not?

Evan Jones ejones at uwaterloo.ca
Wed May 18 14:56:54 PDT 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 13:28, Reid Spencer wrote:
>> This is definitely *not* something that should go in before 1.5 is
>> released, but I would love to see it integrated shortly after.
> Okay.

Now that 1.5 has been released, would it be possible to have some
discussion about if linking the JIT with a thread library is the
direction that should be taken? I don't see any alternative except
having separate "threaded" and "unthreaded" JITs, and requiring the
user to know when the different JITs should be used.

Thanks,

Evan Jones

--
Evan Jones