[LLVMdev] debian

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Fri May 13 17:51:25 PDT 2005

On Sat, May 14, 2005 at 02:18:26AM +0200, Stefan Strasser wrote:
> in case you're interested in having llvm in debian sarge: it was
> removed today. I don't know why, but you might want to find out
> because sarge is in freeze phase for release next month.

Possibly because of these:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=llvm

I addressed the first one and fixed it in CVS -- LLVM used to produce an
executable named `extract' which conflicted with another program of the
same name; I renamed ours to `llvm-extract'.  However, they are building
the .deb from 1.4, so the patch didn't make it nor were they interested.
Instead, they marked it as "conflicting" with `extract', but the bug is
not closed.

The second one is a "serious policy violation", which isn't as clear to
me what the bug reporter is saying, but it mentions warnings during
doxygen build and missing fonts and related issues that I'm not quite
following.

If anyone wants to look into this, details are here:

Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu