[LLVMdev] Scheme + LLVM JIT

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue May 10 07:53:19 PDT 2005

On Tue, 10 May 2005, Alexander Friedman wrote:
>> to people (even if incomplete).  This would allow others to build on it,
>> and we could 'ship' it as a standard llvm library.
>
> Well, it seems that this is actually the next thing on my to-do
> list. I'll have something simple in a few days - where/how should I
> post stuff to get some criticism?

This list is a good place.

> Also, how are calling conventions/tail calls progressing?

They are going well.  All of the pieces are now in place: this is now a
valid llvm snippet:

declare fastcc void %bar(int, float)
void %foo() {
         tail call fastcc void %bar(int 1, float 2.0)
         ret void
}

The remaining piece is to build the code generator components to deal with
this.  Unfortunately I have been context switching a lot, so I haven't
made as much progress as I hoped, but I plan to get it done this week (for
X86).  Whether or not the other target maintainers will implement support
for it for the release will be up to them.  :)

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/