[LLVMdev] Patches for MinGW Build instructions

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 10 11:52:03 PST 2005

On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 07:46:56PM +0100, Henrik Bach wrote:
> Thanks for your comments. I'll make the suggested changes.

Henrik, one more thing that I just thought of --

the directions for building the CFE should be in the same style as the
other directions (see llvm/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html) so I would prefer
to have a patch against that file (CVS version) rather than including
most of it with some modifications into the GettingStarted file.  See
the style of CFEBuildInstrs.html for examples of how platform
differences are spelled out.

In particular, the build/install procedure should be almost identical to
other platforms, with some slight (try to keep minimal) differences,
such as configure like and make line.  The "make install" should work
as-is, if not, it needs to be fixed rather than have a "manual copy"
workaround.

Thanks,
--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu