[LLVMdev] VC++ 2003

Vyacheslav Akhmechet coffeemug at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 05:48:44 PST 2005

> Please e-mail me any difficulties you had in following the
> instructions.
Visual Studio instructions say that LLVM requires bison, flex and sed
in the llvm/win32/tools directory and provide appropriate links to
download them. This isn't complete because bison also expects
llvm/win32/share directory which has to include bison/m4sugar/ along
with appropriate m4sugar files. Furthermore, Unxutils at sourceforge
project doesn't include m4sugar with its distribution which adds an
additional degree of frustration. None of this is a big deal but it
takes some time to get working, especially for someone who isn't used
to gnu tools (like myself).

> In particular, why were you forced to modify the
> executable search path?
At this point, I'm not sure. I'll check tonight when I get home and
will get back to you.