[LLVMdev] -Wl,native-cbe problem

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Mar 1 22:17:41 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 22:07, Markus F.X.J. Oberhumer wrote:

> Follow up: After removing the dangling symlink the problem now looks:
>
> -march=c((anonymous namespace)::PrintStackTrace()+0x1e)[0x847a17e]
> -fno-strict-aliasing: example.out.cbe.c: No such file or directory
> gccld: example.out.cbe.c: Can't destroy file:
> make: *** [example.out] Error 1
> At a minimum that error message is pretty confusing - does gccld want to execute
> a program named "-fno-strict-aliasing" ? Have to check later...

No, it doesn't. I don't know what's up with the -fno-strict-aliasing
output; however, the rest seems pretty straight forward to me. For some
reason example.out.cbe.c didn't get created. Since its a temporary file,
it tried to destroy it at program termination and failed because it
doesn't exist. This is most likely a bug in gccld's main function.

Reid