[LLVMdev] Including flex/bison output in cvs

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Jun 28 21:45:52 PDT 2005

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Alexander Friedman wrote:
> Hi all,
> have flex/bison. Most (but not all) unix boxes have them, but almost
> no windows boxes have them. This requires either
>
> 1) Forcing the user to dowload flex/bison (bad)
> 2) Distributing flex/bison with the front-end (not as bad, but a pain)
>
> 3) or, and this seems like a simple fix, just distribute the output of
> flex and bison along with the source. This is analagous to
> distributing "configure" along with "configure.ac".
>
> What do you guys think?

I agree that #1 and #2 are not wonderful solutions.  If including the
output of bison/flex in the source distro will fix the problem for you, I
would support that.  There are build changes required though and may be
incompatibilities between unix bison and windows bison.  If these were
worked out and solved, I would like to see this happen :)

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/