[LLVMdev] problem compiling the cfrontend on Linux/PPC

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 13 09:30:19 PDT 2005

Cyrille Mescam wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 13, 2005 at 11:02:10AM -0500, John Criswell wrote:
>
>>Cyrille Mescam wrote:

[snip]

> In fact, i am using the CFE build procedures. I am on instructions 5.
>
> cyrille

Okay, I took a closer look at your output.

I was correct in that gccas is attempting to assemble a native PPC
assembly language file.  However, this appears to be happening because
the assembly file is generated by the GCC Makefiles for libgcc2 (in
llvm-gcc/gcc/config/rs6000/t-ppccomm, I think).

The first thing I would try is Marco's suggestion: add
--disable-multilib to the configure command line and rebuild.  Hopefully
this will disable the generation of this assembly code.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to comment out stuff in
llvm-gcc/gcc/config/rs6000/t-ppccomm and try to rebuild (you may need to
reconfigure and rebuild).  Hopefully, we will not need to create LLVM
equivalents of this assembly code; I think it's there for ABI
compatibility and shouldn't be needed by LLVM.

-- John T.

--
John T. Criswell
Research Programmer