[LLVMdev] Quest - Automatic testing script

Bryan Turner bryan.turner at pobox.com
Wed Jun 8 08:22:54 PDT 2005

Hello,

    I was inspired by the Quest tool and decided to give it a try on LLVM.
It quickly located two bugs which appear to be in the bug database already:

Bug #279 -  	[llvmgcc] "constructor" code generation can be improved

    Although, the code that Quest generates actually *crashes* LLVM instead
of producing poor output.  Should this be added as a separate bug, or just
annotate the existing one?

Bug #323  	[llvm-gcc] crashes on union with bitfield

    This one pops up quickly when -O3 is turned on.  Nothing new compared to
the existing bug.

    Since Quest hit these two bugs so frequently, I had to re-arrange the
test generation suite to work around them.  Attached is the new ANSI test
suite; simplified to remove floats, doubles, long longs, bitfields, and
includes a work-around for the constructor bug.

    Also attached is the auto-test script that I've been running.  It's been
running for 24 hours with no problems (about 200,000 test cases).

Hope this is useful for someone,
--Bryan
bryan.turner at pobox.com