[LLVMdev] MASM Backend

Henrik Bach henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 12 04:49:07 PDT 2005

Hi LLVM'ers,

has anyone read the license details for MASM32 and understood how these fit
in with Open Source projects, especially GPL? - As far as I can see - no one
is allowed to license projects under GPL or at worst other OS licenses nor
the deritives of the project, if you're using MASM32.

Are the MASM backend compatible with the MS version of MASM or other not so
license restrictive versions of or similar to MS MASM?

Henrik.

Henrik Bach
LLVM Open Source Developer

e-mail: henrik_bach_llvm at hotmail.com
'Nothing is impossible; The impossible just takes longer time :)'
- Inventor of a new energy saver light bulp from Denmark.

No software patents - Thank you Poland:
http://www.nosoftwarepatents.com/en/m/intro/app0411.html
Got Freedom?
Software Freedom Day - 10th of september
http://www.softwarefreedomday.org/