[LLVMdev] how to pass message from LLVM IR to bachend code

shding at mtu.edu shding at mtu.edu
Mon Jul 11 08:16:34 PDT 2005

Hi:
   I have extended the IR for adding flag. But I just want this flag to
pass through the backend machine code. I know there're several passes
like register relocation, schedualing, etc. But I think I just miss the
part which is used to "parser" the LLVM IR to machine code
instructions.
    Would you give me some help? Thank you !

> On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 shding at mtu.edu wrote:
>> Hi:
>>   I want to pass some message of instructions from LLVM Internal
>> representation to backend  code. For example, I make a flag for some
>> certain operands of certain instructions. How can  it be passed to the
>> backend instructions? Which programs I should look into? Would someone
>> give me some idea? Thank you !
>
> The easiest way to do this is to extend the LLVM IR itself.  As a simple
> example of this, you can take a look at how the PHINode class has an extra
> 'reservedspace' member (ignore what it is used for though), or the
> load/store instructions track the 'isVolatile' flag.
>
> -Chris
>
> --
> http://nondot.org/sabre/
> http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/